LISTAT = LIST + STATby Anu Garg
A free package to generate interesting statistics on mailing list demographics.
New: Use it online.
WHAT IS LISTAT?
Listat is an Internet mailing list statistics package. It can be used by list owners to generate stats about their lists in text as well as in HTML format, suitable for posting on the web. Listat is written in Perl.
Here are sample reports that illustrate Listat features.
In HTML format
In text format
Also see a report of AWAD demographics
Get the whole package: gzipped tar or zipped (2 MB). Or use it online.
A brief list of features:
- Stats in text form and HTML form
- Flags for the countries are included in the HTML stats
- The report can be sorted by the domain name or by the number of subscribers from a domain name
- Reports on unrecognized domains
- User configurable domain file: can be extended if more domain names are introduced
- Additional miscellaneous statistical information reported: mean, median, mode, standard deviation, longest length, longest email addresses shortest length, shortest email addresses
Listat grew out of a sed, awk and shell hack I put together to generate the stats on A.Word.A.Day, a mailing list I run. It's one of the largest mailing list on the Internet and thus its stats are closely followed by many. A number of other list owners showed interest in generating similar stats for their lists so I converted the scripts to Perl, added more features, and created a self contained package, now known as Listat.
If you'd like to be on the mailing list to receive notification when Listat is updated, drop me a message at (garg AT wordsmith.org). Replace AT with @.
Please send your suggestions, comments, and bug reports to (garg AT wordsmith.org).
Created by Anu Garg (garg AT wordsmith.org)